Purpose of the Role
As part of the Infrastructure Ops team you will participate in all project implementation stages, from infrastructure designing to deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the infrastructure running smoothly. Your primary responsibilities will include mostly Linux system administration (we do have some windows server infrastructures too!) on cloud based providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect, implement and support high traffic cloud based scalable web solutions for high profile US companies
- Oversee planned operations and deployment activities, as well as preventive maintenance
- Work closely with product development teams in the design and implementation of the systems
- Support our infrastructure including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions
Required Experience & Knowledge
- Senior level of experience in designing, implementing and supporting very complex server infrastructure environments
- Experience working with Linux-based application environments is required
- Experience with ESXi, VMWare.
- Experience in cloud services, preferably AWS – managing and working with AWS Cloud services as EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, RDS, IAM, VPC, CloudFormation, etc..
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience related to web servers configurations, performance optimization, high availability, load balancing and scalability
- Considerable knowledge and experience in implementing, providing ongoing support and maintenance for server storage environments
- Having exposure to administration of Windows based infrastructures is a big plus
- Familiarity working with other cloud services, preferably Azure
- Experience with high traffic scalable sites a big plus
Required Education & Qualifications
- Fluent English both verbal and written
- Any IT certification would be considered a plus
Please note, for this position we are looking for a candidate available to work within a 9am to 6pm EST (NY time) schedule.