Purpose of the Role
As part of the Tech Ops team you will participate in all project implementation stages, from infrastructure designing to deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the infrastructure running smoothly. Your primary responsibilities will include mostly Linux system administration (we do have some windows server infrastructures too!) on cloud based providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect, implement and support high traffic cloud based scalable web solutions
- Oversee planned operations and deployment activities, as well as preventive maintenance
- Work closely with product development teams in the design and implementation of the systems
- Support the infrastructure including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions
Required Experience & Knowledge
- Senior level of experience in designing, implementing and supporting very complex server/service infrastructure environments.
- Experience working with Linux-based application environments is required
- Experience in cloud services, managing and working with Google Cloud services especially Compute Engine, App Engine, Stackdriver Logging/Monitoring and IAM.
- Experience related to web servers configurations, performance optimization, high availability, load balancing and scalability
- Considerable knowledge and experience in implementing, providing ongoing support and maintenance for servers and services on GCP
- Experience with CircleCI or any similar CI/CD tool like GitLab is highly desirable.
- Familiarity working with other cloud services, Azure or AWS
Skills and Attributes
- Experience with activities for business-critical systems
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Understands and accepts the corporate business process flow
- Excellent teamwork skills
Required Education & Qualifications
- Fluent English both verbal and written
- Any IT certification would be considered a plus